Friday, March 12, 2010

Zit Pills and Health Insurance

I always thought I was grateful for health insurance. However after today I'm REALLY thankful. This was half the perk of receiving a "real" job--I get to do cool things like go to the dentist and pick out new eyeglasses! I am eating all my complaints of going to the dentist when I was younger--I mean, I actually had to start FLOSSING last year because I had no dental insurance. OK, ok, that's one adjustment I'm willing to make, but needless to say this year I was tra la la-ing to the dentist to get my chompers cleaned out--you begin to appreciate that trip to the OB/GYN after not being able to have preventative health care for a year. Anywho, this year I was prescribed some pills for the acne that has decided to make its way onto my face. Yes, I felt like a 13 year old again, and knew something had to be done when a four year old asked me if a bug had bit my face early on in the summer. No, Lola, those are ZITS and you will have the misfortune of having them in about 9-10 years. Enjoy. So, I go to Walgreen's to pick up my monthly prescription. My physician gave me this card where you pay no more then 25 bones per month to get the prescription. On a tight budget, $25/month can be a bit of an annoyance, but I'll deal. So, I get to Walgreens and they tell me that my insurance will not pay for it because the card my doctor gave me was only good for 3 refills. Hmmm. "How much is the full price?" I asked. Shoot, if it was $50 I'd bite the bullet--because clear skin is a very nice privilege to have. "Five hundred." Screw clear skin. You've got to be kidding me. That's more then my car payment and student loans put together. For some zit pills. N-O. Thank goodness we worked it all out and my coupon did end up going through--and let me tell you $25 did not seem so annoying anymore. Thank goodness for health insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment