Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Things I Learned Today


As a potential future academic, I have taken it upon myself to make sure that my knowledge is always up to date. They say "An apple a day will keep the doctor away," and I say "A fact a day will keep stupidity at bay." These are a few things I learned today (well, and yesterday):

1. 7-year-olds do not enjoy it if you repeatedly school them at Rock Band and "Cars" on Playstation. On the other hand, paradoxically they will worship you and think you are the coolest kid on the block.

2. "Jingoism" is my new favorite word. It's not that the definition is cool (belligerent support of one's country), it just is a funny word. I think this might have to do with the fact that it marginally sounds like the word "bajingo" which is also a funny word (and yes, I'm embracing my immaturity right now). I also like "Erudite" as it means "scholarly and bookish." Note to readers, I may be using a large variety of vocabulary words in order to practice for the GRE. This is not to be bombastic or turgid, but merely to refine my skills.

3. You should not try and ride a bike in a skirt, however long, and no matter how much of an effort you are making to look summer-y and cute. I was envisioning that scene from "500 Days of Summer" where Summer is riding her cute little bike in her little summer dress. The vision may also have included me eating a push pop. However, this was more of the reality of the situation:

Although, not with the same sexual prowess as Marilyn Monroe, but you get the picture. Didn't exactly fit in with the family friendly neighborhood that I currently reside in.

4. Both my Women's Multi Vitamin and my Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins go down much easier with raspberry iced tea. I especially appreciate the raspberry iced tea when it comes to the Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin because it tends to taste like beef. My acne pill, however goes down TERRIBLY with this beverage. Painful learning moment.

5. I make a damn good sugar cookie. Actually, I knew this about myself...but look at it! I mean really, I make a REALLY good cookie--national taste tests prove that 4 out of 5 people who eat prefer them. And they're like Lays--once you start you can't stop (or is that Pringles? I don't remember, but it's someone's motto). These suckers just melt in your mouth and they're soft and moist and MMM! It's like they're laced with some form of illegal drug because they're that addictive. But they're not. Just butter. I'm also REALLY humble about my baking skills, but I don't even feel bad because I don't feel like I oft brag a lot, so I'm over it. But not over my cookies.

Go on. You know you want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment