Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sometimes I Wonder...

Today I was wondering. I was reflecting on my year and sometimes you have to wonder what sort of impact you're having on anyone. I mean, am I teaching anyone anything? Moving them to be better? Inspiring them in some way? I'm not really sure, and I do suppose these are things that every human being wonders at some point. I'm more and more convinced that as human beings we have to know that we are making a difference or impact in the world in some way--I think it's in our nature, our core. I want to be that sort of person, and sometimes you have to wonder if you are...but I guess it's really hard to quantify, and you may never know the sort of impact you had on someone. Just because someone doesn't recognize it or articulate it, does that mean that you didn't teach them anything? I'd say this is my goal in life, I mean impacting people, although I'm not sure how to go about this most days, or if I'm any good at it. How does one impact people...that's the question. What do I even have to teach anyone? I'm not quite sure. But then sometimes I wonder if maybe it's not really even about me. Maybe it's really about what I have to learn from someone else. Maybe I've become so inward focus about what message it is that I need to communicate, that maybe I've forgotten to stop and listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment