Friday, April 2, 2010

My Dissertation Topic?



I really should begin keeping a log of possible dissertation topics. This blog seems to be a good place to start. Possible topic? The culture of wheelchair gangs. This evening two friends and I went out to paint the town red as we tend to do, and low and behold we hit the Holy Thursday Wheelchair Gang. That wasn't their official gang name, but it was Holy Thursday when we went out, and there were SEVERAL men in wheelchairs at the bar that we were residing in--thus I have deemed them the Holy Thursday Wheelchair Gang. As we sat there and observed, we noticed these men were getting their GAME on. I mean, I don't know that I've ever seen so many make-out sessions in one haul. Now, as an interesting gender commentary I wondered aloud to my friend if it were a group of WOMEN in wheelchairs, would they be paid the same courtesy--lots of hugs and kisses? It was hard for me to imagine that they would be paid much attention. I'm not sure if this is true--I'm merely speculating. Needless to say, it was an interesting night.

By the way, I'm not sure if this particular blog is very "PC"...I'm merely observing what I saw.


No comments:

Post a Comment