Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chris! Say It Ain't So!

As you may or may not have seen via my facebook status, my beloved Detective Stabler is leaving Law and Order: SVU after this season. One of my RA's and I spent some quality time googling this to verify the rumor (a whole 5 minutes), praying that it wasn't true, but indeed confirmed this as fact. As you should full well know by now, Law and Order: SVU is my 2010 obsession, and there is no better night of the week then Wednesday night at 9 PM Eastern Standard Time. Granted Chris, you've given me 12 solid years, but this does not ease my pain. Think of Benson! What is she going to do without you? You are the chocolate to her chip! The pudding in her pie! You're her Finn and she is your Rachel Barry! The Bon to her Jovi! Oh, it hurts! Apparently, Mariska burst into tears when he told her that he would be done after this season, and if there is one thing I do not like, it is to think about Mariska Hargitay being upset. Tonight you are on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and I WILL be staying up to watch you so I can soak in all my Christopher Meloni time and prove to you my dedication. Sigh. All good things must come to an end I suppose, and I should be looking at the bright side that Mariska isn't leaving because I would definitely be curled up in the fetal position eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's and letting the tears roll down my face. But I will persevere, but let's be clear: that show will not be the same without you and your uncontrolled rage and need of anger management counseling and your intimidating of suspects and pervs. The dedicated detectives of New York City will just not be the same without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment