Monday, January 3, 2011

Two Things I Didn't Know About Recycling



I know, I know, you'd think I would know everything there is to know about recycling, right?! Well, you would be horribly wrong. I mean, really horribly wrong. But now I know two more things about this splendid third R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle):

1. Nike recycles running shoes! In general I hate Nike. They have been added to my list of Stores I Boycott along with Forever 21, Wal Mart and Abercrombie and Fitch, mainly because of terrible labor practices. But they've gained a few points back in my book because it turns out you can recycle your old running shoes there! Yes, you can drop them in a bin, and they will turn them into astro turf or a new indoor track or something like that. Neat! Learn more here: http://www.nikereuseashoe.com/
2. You can recycle your old ipod or laptop at the Apple store! And get 10 percent of a new pod! And I checked out their recycling vendor and they make sure that the parts are safely disposed off, not shipped off to another country where the people in said country are exposed to all sorts of dangerous toxic chemicals (BLEH). Anyways, I'll be peddling off to the Apple store tomorrow to drop off my old non-working ipod. AND if you recycle your laptop Apple might give you a gift card! Coolio! Learn more here: http://www.apple.com/recycling/

No comments:

Post a Comment