Sunday, January 30, 2011

Try Something New: Hot Yoga

I actually tried two new things this week, Hot Yoga being the second. Yesterday, we headed to the West Hartford Yoga club (WHY for short--or Why not?!) who was having their grand opening and providing free yoga classes all day, and I'm always up for a free class. What's Hot Yoga you ask? I asked the same thing. It's yoga in a hot room. Why would anyone in their right mind do that you ask? I asked the same thing. Because it gets all the toxins out of your body and boy do you feel g-o-o-d (so I'd heard from those that did it)! I opted to wear a tank top and some shorts, and this seemed like a reasonable decision being that I knew I was going to be hot. By the way, I hate being hot, so I don't know why I decided that this would be a good idea in the first place, but I'm game for anything, so why not? Anyways, as I looked around at all the members in the class, I couldn't help notice that many of them were dressed in long yoga pants, and some in full t-shirts. Many were carrying towels. Why are all these people so fully dressed? Did they know that they were coming to Hot Yoga? They're going to be hoootttt--suckers I thought. As the class began, I soon realized that I was the sucker. The sweat poured out of my body, creating something resembling a slip and slide on my mat--and with no material to absorb it, I was slipping all over the place. The t-shirt I was wearing over my tank top quickly turned into a makeshift towel as I tried to keep from taking a spill as I went into my Warrior 2 pose. I somehow managed to make it through class, but by the end I resembled someone who had been thrown into a pool, and I felt somewhat out of place knowing that there was foot upon foot of snow outside--I think if I would have gone and jumped into a snow bank there would have been a Jess-shaped hole into it following a sizzling sounds as my body would have surely melted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment