1. Buy less, and only the necessities (this will reduce my environmental impact, and the amount of trash I produce, also will try to reuse what I have before buying more)
2. Call companies to tell them to STOP SENDING ME JUNK MAIL (too many trees and too much waste!)
3. Use an eco-friendly option if available
1. Run a 5K for some sort of charity
2. Cycle! (Mom and I have been thinking of bike riding from Seattle to Portland--wouldn't that be neat-o?!)
3. V-o-l-u-n-t-e-e-r. This one can be a challenge with the nature of my job and its unpredictability (i.e. being on call a lot), but it's necessary: I think I'll start small (maybe twice a month) and hopefully work my way up to a bigger time commitment
4. Encourage, encourage, encourage the people around me (spending more time writing letters, tell more people "thanks!")
5. Talk to someone I love/write someone a letter at least once a week (this can be hard when things get busy)
OTHER GOALS (the "eventuallys"):
1. Get my PhD! Become a professor and teach super awesome and engaging classes and inspire the lives and minds of students everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Publish an article
3. Get thee to Italy!
4. Take a West Coast bike tour (maybe with my brother; he's an avid cyclist)
5. I'm not sure, but I want to organize something BIG. I've thought about ways to do this: i.e. organizing a trip for students to help alleviate poverty when I become a professor or something like that. I'm still waiting on what that's "supposed" to be...