Saturday, February 13, 2010

Netflicks is the BEST. THING. EVER.

One of the RA's suggested to me the other day that I get Netflicks, given my addiction to time-wasting, procrastinating and obsession with television (now, now, only in the winter months and only on Saturday or Sunday. Come spring I shall be riding my soon-to-be-purchased bicycle all over town. But it's cold out there!). Anywho, I don't know why I had never jumped on the Netflicks bandwagon, but this isn't surprising given this is the same person who tends to discover "new" artists when they have been around for several years (read Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, The Eagles, Tom Petty, etc), or ends up liking and sporting various fashion trends a little late (after 4 years of weedling, my friends finally got me to wear dresses and high heeled shoes and "dress up" in general...ahhh gender conformity), or doesn't discover certain TV shows until they are on their 11th or 9th seasons (a.k.a. "Law and Order: SVU" and "Scrubs."). It is not unusual for me to say to my friend Callie, "Oh my gosh did you REALIZE that this artist was so great?! Or that such and such was so delightful?!" To which she will inevitably answer (always gently), "Jess, I know right! I totally discovered that in high school!" At this point, she's usually already told me that so and so was so great or that high heeled shoes really don't hurt that badly if they're quality, but being the stubborn person that I tend to be, I did not listen until I discovered it for myself. So, while the rest of the world has been paying their small monthly Netflicks fee, I have been throwing my hard earned dough away and overpaying for various TV shows via itunes. BUT NO MORE!!! I mean, did you know that you can stream movies live! Yup, they go right from the internet to your computer!!! And given that my computer is the size of a small flat screen, this certainly works in my favor. So, should you find yourself in need of watching an old classic such as "Ten Things I Hate About You" (watched it last night--it made me nostalgic for Seattle), or perhaps a newer movie (500 Days of Summer is a gem) or if you would like to watch any of the ten seasons of Law and Order: SVU, by all means stop by! I will probably be watching.

And no, I did not get paid for this promotion. But I should. Because I need some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment