Thursday, February 25, 2010

"It's Been a Long Night in New York City...It's been a long night in Boston too..."


2 Johns in one week. Jon Bon Jovi and John Mayer that is. Last night I got to head up to Bean Town to see who some claim is one of the greatest guitar players ever. NO BIG. I don't know if this is true, but I will tell you he surely impressed me. I don't know that this is saying much since I only know how to play about 7 guitar chords, but still. We rode the train in (and who doesn't love some good ol' public transportation...you always end up with good stories). Now, I was a little sleepy mind you, as I hadn't slept the night(s) before due to my redeye flight from Seattle, however my adrenaline was pumping and I perked right up when John popped on stage. Our seats were REALLY good... basically as good as it could get without being on the floor, so with a pair of binoculars I probably could have seen his nose hairs had I wanted to. He is an interesting man and at one point asked the crowd if they had dreams, and did their dreams consist of being able to sit around all day and watch video games and get high?! Hmmm. When I think of the word "dreams" that particular scenario does not come to mind, but to each his or her own I suppose. MY BEEF: No "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room." Wha?!



Perhaps the only downside to the night was the itty bit of guilt I felt knowing that John has been full of unsavory drunken remarks and has been in the midst of a media storm if you will as of late. I'll be honest, it would not hurt him to eat a giant piece of humble pie granted that he did say some "tool-ishy" things during the concert. INCONVENIENT TRUTH. My RA's informed me this only weeks before the concert, to which I kept saying "ahhh I don't want to hear it!" Seriously, of all the times of the year to make ridiculous remarks it had to be now, and given that I am a person who has been known to boycott things as I know that I should be ethical with my $$$ spending, this did put me in distress and in a bit of an ethical pickle indeed. JOHN: I was THIS close to not coming, man!!! However I did my best to separate Musician John from Tool John. Love me some Musician John...Tool John needs to simmer down. It's so hard caring about things like equality and humanity sometimes. Sigh. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment