Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Think I'm Losing My Appetite...

As you most likely know, I love cupcakes. Any type of cupcake will do. Pink frosting, vanilla cake, carrot cake, lemon frosting, sprinkles, chocolate cake, it doesn't matter, a cupcake is a CUPCAKE. And I will eat it as soon as possible. But I was troubled to find THIS article on "Manly cupcakes." I didn't know cupcakes had gender, I simply knew they were delicious. I'm very confused. And frankly, if men only eat "manly" cupcakes, they're missing out on a lot of delicious goodies...ahhhh the social institution of gender and how it is now invading our kitchens...BLEH!!!

2. Manly Cupcakes

I came across this via Neatorama. Apparently someone decided men couldn’t enjoy regular cupcakes because they’re too feminine, soButch Bakery was born. The Butch Bakery Man-Ifesto? “We’re Men. Men who like cupcakes. Not the frilly pink-frosted sprinkles-and-unicorns kind of cupcakes. We make manly cupcakes for manly men.”

Each cupcake is topped with a chocolate disk in such designs as Woodland Camo and Checkerboard and flavours include “The Driller”: maple cake with chocolate ganache and bacon bits. The flavour on the main page of their site is the “B-52.”

I’m not too keen on the bacon bits idea, but other than that I usually believe the more cupcakes, the better! What’s interesting is what it says about what’s unacceptable for men (eating pink desserts) and what’s considered manly (red meat and military motifs).


No comments:

Post a Comment