Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Seattle Radio Stations

My friend Heather and I spent a fairly decent amount of time in the car these last few days. Thus, we spent quite a bit of time listening to the radio, and being that we are both sociologists, we noticed a pattern: Apparently local Seattle radio stations have about five songs on their playlists at ny given time, no matter what station you happen to be listening to. Maybe because of a poor economy we have been forced to cut back on buying the rights to more songs. I'm not sure, but what I do know is that the following songs were played and I consequently "O.D.'d" on the following pop songs:

1. OMG: Usher
2. California Gurls: Katy Perry
3. Alejandra: Lady Gaga [and any Lady Gaga song in general]
4. My Love: Justin Timberlake--which is extremely odd as this song came out about six years ago
5. Clocks: Coldplay--see above

To detox I aim to listen to large amounts of indie folk music, broadway show tunes and classic rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment