Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Dear friend,
Hello! And the happiest of holidays to you! This year, in an effort to go green, my "gift" to you is this rocking Holiday blog in lieu of the traditional holiday card!!!
Remember to not be a scrooge and give a lot to others this year.
And make sure to spread a lot of Christmas-y cheer!
So the merriest of holidays to you, with love from West Hartford!
So I imagine this is the part where I tell you about my very exciting 2011 and all the cool things that happened to me. I feel very grown up having my own Holiday Blog, let me tell you...do you think that having a holiday blog means that you're well on your way to making it as an accomplished adult? Probably. Definitely. Anyways, this year I started my third year as a Residence Coordinator at Saint Joseph College in West Hartford, CT (and yes, I have an official school blog!). I took some Master's Classes this semester and got smarter. I ran a 5k. I finally saw "Wicked!" I survived Mother Nature including a huge snow storm, a hurricane, and a blackout (Climate Change is not a joke!). I discovered new obsessions in the form of black bean brownies, pinterest, and "Happy Endings." I met new friends. I traveled to New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Vermont, Cleveland, New Hampshire, Sturbridge (Massachusetts), various places in Connecticut, Seattle, Portland, and Boise (home!). I won the lottery and had three children. Oh wait, that did not happen, that is a TV show and instead of three kids there are three sisters and they were known as "The Kardashians." Back to reality--real reality, not their reality. But I got your attention didn't I?! That would have been fun to have won the lottery. Probably not the 3 children though.

OK, but on a serious note, 2011 has really been a great year in so many ways. While there were hard times and lessons learned, there were also so many moments to be thankful for. There were amazing memories with some wonderful people who have changed me in so many ways, and I am so thankful for all that God has given me (it sounds cliche but it is true!). I was blessed with new friends, as well as I had the good fortune to keep building and deepening my relationships with others. My heart is filled with gratitude, laugher, and thanks, and I hope that 2012 brings you the same (unless the world ends. That might put a damper on things).

I'm looking forward to an exciting year ahead. My parents have moved to Salem, Oregon, so I will be spending most of the holiday season/summer in a new location exploring new places! I will am also excited to see Darren Criss in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," with my friend Amanda, going to the Ben and Jerry's Factory in Vermont, eating at Bon Jovi's restaurant in Jersey, seeing Washington, D.C. and running up the Rocky steps in Philly, AND I am going to the 2012 Olympics in LONDON with my family! It's OK to be jealous. Get ready Europeans--the Miller/Troxell clan is coming! And we like pubs!!!

To all my West Coast friends, I miss you dearly! To all my East Coast friends, I am so happy I have gotten to know you these past 2.5 years!

I leave you with this final Christmas gift. Oh, and this one via my friend Beth, just to get you in the holiday spirit! Enjoy! Happy 2012!

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment