Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do Something New: It's Only Natural

"It's Only Natural" is the name of the new restaurant I visited with Tai, my coworker Tracy, and her husband Josh. It's a vegan/vegetarian place in Middletown, CT that Whole Foods Guy recommended to me. He made sure to point out that it was super quirky (very Portland, Oregon-esque I would say), and that Middletown was very hipster/hippie if I was into that sort of thing. I told him that I was, and I had been wondering where Connecticut had been hiding the hippies since I'd moved here--turns out it was Middletown. Well, Yum-E! On the menu: fried tofu bites for appetizers, followed by spinach/potato perogies with whole grain rice and steamed kale, and washed down with a slice of delicious vegan velvet cake (Tai had strawberry champagne sorbet--MMMM!!!!). I also really appreciated the feminist bathroom and the chalkboard table tops--fun for drawing whilst waiting for the food!!!
Perogies--I got too excited and was almost done eating by the time I realized I hadn't taken a picture

Tai and I with our delish desserts

Vegan cake


Tai's Strawberry Champagne Sorbet
Chalkboard Table Tops!


Thanks for the recommendation Whole Foods Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment